Thursday, February 2, 2012

Edible Footballs

Today is Groundhog Day with many anxiously waiting to see if Punxsutawney Phil and/or Staten Island Chuck would predict an early spring.  Good news ... he saw his shadow, in the process predicting six more weeks of winter.

But for me today meant something completely different. You see today would have been my Aunt Helen's birthday.  She was not only my aunt but my best friend.  Only an aunt can give hugs like a mother, keep secrets like a sister and share love like a friend.  Her memory lives deep in my heart always.

After going for a manicure and pedicure I stopped in a few stores looking for some Valentines Day gifts for some very special people in my life.  Hard to believe Valentines Day is around the corner.  Where has the time gone?  All I will say is I had a successful shopping day ... but I'm not finished yet.

Now to the kitchen ... here's an easy and cute Hors d'oeuvre for Super Bowl Sunday.

                           Edible Footballs

Cut grape tomatoes in half. Cut rounds out of fresh mozzarella. You can add a basil pesto if you wish in between the layers. Build a bite sized mini football appetizer that can be displayed with extra long toothpicks stuck in a football shaped bread, an individual spoon, fork or shot glass. It's all about the fun! Be creative!



Enjoy and Bon Appetit!


Live ~ Love ~ Laugh and always think Positive!


** the secret ingredient is lots of love ღ






  

No comments:

Post a Comment