Sunday, January 22, 2012

With my refrigerator about to go to refrigerator heaven I decided it was time to do some cooking.  There is nothing worse than having to throw away food.  I set my cutting board in place, got my favorite knife, gathered a bunch of vegetables and starting chopping away. Who knew I would come up with such a delicious dish.


         Vegetable Medley with Plum Sauce



ingredients:
1 napa cabbage, thinly sliced
1 large carrot, cut in half sliced on an angle
1 red pepper, cored and sliced thin
snow peas, sliced
snap beans
1 large shallot, diced
1 clove of garlic, chopped
2 tbs. plum sauce
1 tbs. olive oil
kosher salt and pepper

directions:
In a large skillet on medium to low heat add olive oil, shallots and garlic until the shallots are transpararent but not browned. Add cabbage, a little water or white wine constantly stirring for about 5 minutes. Add the rest of the vegetables and continue stirring. Add plum sauce. Mix together, season to taste. 

Enjoy hot or cold. Bon Appetit!

** the secret ingredient is lots of love










2 comments: