Saturday, January 28, 2012

Roasted Fingerling Potatoes

On this glorious Saturday afternoon, I find myself with the windows open enjoying the strange winter weather Mother Nature is sending our way.  50 degrees in January is just odd.  I love the change of seasons, which is a perk of living in New York.  There is something so beautiful and peaceful about watching snow fall.  I'm a snow lover and cannot get enough of the white powder. 

Today I am sharing an easy recipe for roasted fingerling potatoes.  It's a great side dish for most entrees and would make a wonderful appetizer for football Sunday.  I enjoy roasting potatoes with garlic and shallots, but if you're not a fan, just leave those ingredients out. That's the beauty of cooking.  You get to be creative and adjust the recipe to your liking.  As my father used to tell say "try it ... you might like it."  My dad was a huge potato fan ~ no matter how they were prepared.

Lidia Bastianich Hand Painted Stoneware is my Bakeware of choice.


Roasted Fingerling Potatoes



ingredients:
fingerling potatoes, washed and scrubbed
1 large shallot, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
olive oil
kosher salt and pepper

directions:
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. In a roasting pan toss the potatoes, shallots and garlic with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and any other seasoning you might enjoy.


Toss everything together and bake for 40-50 minutes, turning halfway thru the cooking process so they brown evenly.

Enjoy and Bon Appetit!

** the secret ingredient is lots of love

No comments:

Post a Comment