Sunday, January 29, 2012

Guacamole and Chips

Next Sunday is Super Bowl XLVI ~ Giants vs Patriots, and like most people I'll be with friends to watch the big game.  I'm not much of a football fan but with all the excitement these last few weeks, I haven't missed a game.  The funny part is I have no clue what's going on ... but I'm there watching and rooting for the New York Giants!  Who will you be rooting for?

Ball games and food go together like a happy marriage.  One staple I always have on hand is Guacamole and chips.  A little chopping and mixing and you're ready to go. 

                    Guacamole and Chips

ingredients:
2 avacados
2 roma tomatoes, cored and diced
1 lime
1 jalapeno, cored, seeded and finely diced
kosher salt and pepper
1 bag of your favorite tortilla chips


directions:
With a sharp knife cut the avacado and pull apart. Scoop out the avacado from the shell.




Mash the avacados adding the juice of one lime and season to taste.  Make it as chunky or creamy as you like.  I also use the zest of the lime, but that's optional. Add the diced jalapeno and mix together.


Add the guacamole to your serving dish and top with tomatoes.  Arrange the tortilla chips around the platter.  I like to sprinkle some diced tomatoes on the chips for color.  Remember ... we eat with our eyes first!  Today I used Multi Grain Tortilla chips.

     
Next week in honor of the New York Giants I will be serving Blue Tortilla Chips.
An alternative to chips would be to serve a variety of vegetables, carrots, etc.
I'm not a fan of cilantro, which is why it's not in my recipe. If you are ~ give it
a good chop and add to your liking.  You can also substitute italian parsley instead
of cilantro.  The fun of cooking is creating a dish with ingredients you enjoy! 


Enjoy and Bon Appetit!  and Go team!


** the secret ingredient is lots of love










No comments:

Post a Comment