Friday, October 5, 2012

Chicken Stuffed Peppers

It's been quite some time since I've been in the kitchen and I must admit, I've missed it. You know how it goes, sometimes life just gets in the way.  But I'm back and I'm kicking off my return to the kitchen with a comfort food I've been wanting to make for few weeks, Chicken Stuffed Peppers.

Stuffed Peppers has always been one of my favorite comfort foods.  Growing up my mother made them all the time, but she prepared them with green peppers and beef.  I changed it around a bit this time.  Of course you could use white rice instead of brown, if that's your preference, and you could use turkey or tofu instead of chicken.  There are so many options in cooking.  Just by adding or deleting seasonings, a dish can taste  completely different.  Experiment and have fun cooking.  You might create the best recipe of your life!


3 large red peppers
1 large shallot chopped
1 clove garlic chopped
3/4 lb. ground chicken
1 cup cooked brown rice
2 cups marinara sauce
1/4 cup water
1 tbs. canola oil
kosher salt and pepper

Prepare your peppers by cutting the tops off and removing the core and seeds. Wash and set aside.  In a large frying pan, heat the oil on low to medium heat.  Add the shallots and garlic and cook until translucent (2-3 minutes.)  Turn the heat up a notch and add the ground chicken, constantly stirring until it is no longer pink.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Add the rice and 1/2 cup of marinara sauce to the mixture and stir.  In a medium size pot (you don't want too much free space) add the rest of your marinara sauce plus 1/4 cup of water. Then place your peppers in the pot and carefully fill the cavities with your chicken mixture. 

Bring to a slight boil and reduce the heat to low for 30-45 minutes. 



Spoon some of the sauce on top of the peppers and serve hot with a delicious bread to soak up the sauce.




My sweet adorable Prince is never far away. ღ


  Enjoy and Bon Appetit!


** the secret ingredient is always lots of love ღ



2 comments:

  1. I love recipes like this one as every time I make it I do it to my taste for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful, Beth! I make stuffed green peppers with beef too, although I do them in the crockpot. I'll give these a try soon!

    Very glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete