Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Passover Dinner with Friends and DWTS

Every Monday evening my friends and I get together for dinner and DWTS.  It's a great opportunity to chit chat, enjoy a cocktail or two with good friends, enjoy some delicious home cooking and of course watch a television show we all love.  Last night our group grew from four to ten.  The more the merrier! 
My daily struggles with muscle spasms continue, but thanks to my wonderful physical therapist, Lindsay, I think I'm starting to see some improvement.  Everyday is different, but I remain positive and determined to get my life back to where it was before my accident.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend a Seder this year, but G-d willing by this time next year I will be spasm~free. 

Friends are the most important ingredient in the recipe of life.  Our dinner menu was simple but well balanced ~ chicken soup with matza balls, tri color salad, roasted asparagus, stewed zucchini, roasted yukon gold and purple potatoes with shallots, onions and garlic, burgers and grilled chicken, some fruit, chocolates and toffee macaroons for Passover.  A huge thanks to Rene' for doing all the grilling.


























I can't watch Dancing with the Stars without thinking of my mother, who was a professional ballroom dancer and how she would have loved this show.


When everyone went home, Max and Prince went right to bed.


So the question remains ... who will be going home tonight?


Life smiles upon those who smile at life.
Life without friendship is like the sky without sun.



** the secret ingredient is lots of love ღ








No comments:

Post a Comment