Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dinner and Dancing with the Stars

This weather has been so crazy ... one day it's 75 degrees and everyone is outside planting flowers and the next it's 30 degrees, windy and down right freezing.  I don't know about you, but I'm ready for some beautiful Spring weather.

It's been a long month of physical therapy, exercises and daily struggles with muscle spasm pain, so I haven't been doing much cooking. These spasms have a mind of their own, but I am determined to get my life back to what it was before my accident. Determination is half the battle ~ and my wonderful physical therapist is the icing on the cake.  Thank you Lindsay for always reminding me to breathe thru the pain.
Last night I decided to have a few friends over for dinner and Dancing with the Stars.   Everything is more enjoyable when shared with good friends and loveable pooches.  I find cooking to be therapeutic and decided to push myself.  The menu was simple and I gave myself all day to get things ready so I could rest in between.  Guacamole, salsa and chips with cocktails, salad, chicken francese, rice, slow roasted tomatoes and sauteed baby spinach with shallots.  You can't beat easy and delicious!



 

My mother was a professional ballroom dancer and would have loved this show!
After dinner we headed to the den to watch the show.










And to finish the evening we had some delicious strawberries and ice cream.
The big question is ... who will be sent home tonight.  We'll find out soon. 

Friends find the sweetest sense of happiness comes from simply being together.


** the secret ingredient is lots of love ღ

5 comments:

  1. this is every monday?how come no one invited me ?dawg u know who..........................LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. every monday night. come one come all :) ღ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said in the blog it was chicken francese - very easy to make. If i'm up to it tomorrow I'll post the recipe. tough day - took everything I had to write the blog but glad I did. All 4 doggies get along well-they really love eachother. :) ღ

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG everything looks great and everyone looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo amazing! Fantastic food and fantastic presentation! A 5 star restaurant has nothing on you.

    The photos are wonderful! Great evening with great friends! xo :)

    ReplyDelete